Getting Started: Working With A Recruiter
Working with Sklar & Associates is a simple process that results in our shared goal: We match digital and traditional media professionals with advertising agencies, media companies and corporate clients.
To get started, follow these five steps.
Step 1: Submit Your Resume
Send your resume to Sklar & Associates at email@example.com.
- Feel free to call Sklar & Associates at (312) 467-4600.
- We are here to work for you. Please let us know if there’s a specific recruiter you’d like to work with.
Step 2: Come in for an Interview
- A Sklar & Associates recruiter will contact you for an informal telephone interview. After gathering some background information, the recruiter may ask you to come in for a more formal interview.
- At in-person interviews, it’s important that you provide honest and complete answers about your work experience. A thorough overview of your experience, including projects you’ve worked on and clients you’ve worked for, will help us narrow down the field of suitable positions for you.
- During this interview, we want to hear about your work experience, including:
- Your skills
- Your work history
- Specific achievements for current and past employers
- Tip: It may help you to prepare for the interview by writing down examples of your achievements and any challenges you’ve dealt with in previous positions
- A Sklar & Associates recruiter will provide you with an honest assessment of your skills and collaboratively evaluate the job opportunities best suited to you.
We always maintain your privacy. We hope you respect our privacy and the privacy of our clients.
Step 3: Keep in touch
Our goal is to match digital and traditional media professionals with our clients. This process can take several weeks.
- A Sklar & Associates recruiter will periodically call you with job prospects. Sometimes, there may be weeks between calls. This doesn’t mean we aren’t actively working on your search, only that an appropriate position isn’t available.
- We will provide updates and status reports in a timely manner, particularly when following up on job interviews. We will always be honest and upfront about your prospects.
- There isn’t a firm rule for how often you should contact a Sklar & Associates recruiter. But, generally, following up once a week or every other week by email or telephone is sufficient.
- When leaving voicemail messages or sending emails, always provide as much information as possible about the best time to reach you.
- We always strive to return phone calls and emails in a timely manner. We’d appreciate the same from you.
- Please keep us up-to-date on your work status. If you find a job, let us know as soon as possible. Also, if your interest in a specific position changes, contact Sklar & Associates.
- We will update you if a position you’ve interviewed for is filled. If appropriate, we may speak with you about our client’s concerns about your abilities.
Step 4: Accept a position
- When an employer offers you a position, Sklar & Associates will be informed. Then we will contact you.
- All communication about a specific position goes through Sklar & Associates, not the potential employer.
- If a position is offered, call Sklar & Associates within a few days to accept or reject the position. If a position is turned down, please explain why.
- If a position is accepted, Sklar & Associates will inform the employer. Then that company will contact you with details about finalizing paperwork and determining a start date.
Step 5: Keep our partnership going
Sklar & Associates takes great pride in matching digital and traditional media professionals with our clients.
We always appreciate when you keep us informed about your employment status.
We will let you know about future positions and may ask for referrals for other job candidates. It helps us to know that candidates we’ve successfully placed refer their colleagues to Sklar & Associates.
We look forward to helping you achieve your career goals.